Just over 10 years ago I retired from IBM. I’ve created quite a few websites since then, some as paid work, many others as a labour of love.
I recently published a short poem on my personal blog which mentions just a couple of the things I’ve been doing.
The poem was actually written three years ago – with 7 rather than 10 – but remained unpublished until Oct the 8th, 2019.
I’d also started itemising some highlights of the past 10 years. A list that I’ve never managed to finish; in this site I have at least 3 drafts entitled “Celebrating n years of Bobbing Wide”.
Anyway, one highlight for this year is that I am preparing for Brexit by transferring all content from my
.eu domains to
While the domains are still active any links you may find in Google should redirect to the new site.
I’ve also merged the content from rowlandscastlewebdesign.com into this WordPress Multi Site network.
For more information see Domain docking
The secondary reason for writing this post was to see if it resolved a problem I’d just noticed where “Celebrating 4 years of Bobbing Wide” appeared as the first post in the Recent News section of the home page even though it was published in 2013.
It turns out that I’d introduced a bug into my oik-types plugin some time ago but I hadn’t noticed the side effects until I’d written a couple of new posts.
The bug is now fixed. The first two posts shown on the home page should be the same as the first two posts listed here.
- Redirecting some old domains
- A few useless facts about WordPress revisited
- PageSpeed Insights testing with Wordfence
- WordPress 5.5 without jQuery Migrate
- Celebrating 10 years of Bobbing Wide
- A few useless facts about WordPress
- Hosting charge increase in 2019
- oik v3.2.8 ready for Gutenberg – WordPress 5.0
- Updating plugins for PHP 7.1
- WP-a2z now at WordPress 4.7.1